Nationwide Communications & Low Voltage Technology Solutions firm with a robust full-service security department. Company is well managed growing across the state and focused on developing internal staff from within as industry leaders. Great team of people able to take ownership of their work while willing to collaborate with team goals. Offer full benefits including Health Benefits/ 401K/ Paid Holidays
Security /Access Control Service Technician Job Description:
- Test installed equipment and basic programming such as card readers, cameras, and alarm points to any system.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair per the maintenance agreement, warranty and/or manufacturers approved procedures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair any system or component level equipment failures.
- Assist with maintaining customer relationships based on dependability and honesty. Ensure that long term customer relationships are protected by providing value added services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending manufacturer training, seminars, conferences, etc., as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for all purchases of parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies above those outlined in the approved materials list or job cost records.
- Assist with performing a variety of tests to determine whether product functions as specified; determine cause of product failure; analyze test results.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer, other personnel on-site, and company personnel.
- Review material and equipment purchased for service repairs. Document and report any material discrepancies as required.
- Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, tools, and supplies that are released to technician s custody. Maintain accurate inventory records for all items.
- Responsible for accurately completing all required documentation (i.e., timesheets, service acknowledgements, quotes, inventory transfer sheets, inspection certificates, etc.) Forward or bring these documents to the office as soon as possible.
- Assist with solving technical challenges as they arise. Help to resolve potential problems before they can have a negative impact on the customer and the company.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- 5 years experience as a security systems service technician with working knowledge of: Fiber Optic infrastructures, CCTV systems (cameras, switchers, recorders, etc.), Computer Networking and UPS systems.
- Able to troubleshoot an Access Control or Video system from the server to the field devices.
- Able to troubleshoot and configure network security devices.
- System/component level troubleshooting and working knowledge of electrical theory.
- Sound judgment and the demonstrated ability to act independently.
- Certification or factory training in at least one leading manufacturer of Video Management System.
- Certification or factory training in at least two leading manufacturers of Access Control Systems.
- College / Technical School or military training in electronics preferred.
How to apply:
Apply Directly to this advertisement, call / text us at 281-781-7120, Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop by our office at 4001 Nations Dr. Pasadena, TX 77505 Monday Friday 8am to 5pm.