Full-service structured cabling and electrical contractor, with a focus on designing and installing commercial low-voltage systems. This company offers and houses a training center that provides ongoing education to their employees for growth opportunities with gaining industry licenses and certifications. Offer full benefits including Health Benefits/ 401K/ Paid Holidays
Network Cabling Technician Job Description:
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment, and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6, and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems. Will read building prints, install support structures, and pull cable throughout commercial building infrastructure.
- Will perform of installation wireless access points, 110/66 block patch panels, wall face plates, keystone jacks, and RJ45 connectors.
- Will be installing support structures such as J-Hooks, Cable Trey, ladder racks and other equipment used to install communication cabling.
- Perform Installations including dressing and routing of cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets.
- Utilize various types of testing equipment from: 4-Pair Tester, Toner-probe set, OTDR, and Fluke DTX for validation purposes.
- Will perform work on ladders, scissor lifts, bucket trucks, and various type of elevated platforms.
- Will be using hand tools/Power Tools to complete assigned tasks and duties on a daily basis.
- Will be performing installations of cabling and equipment in various types of environments such as but limited to: Schools, Hospitals, High-Rise buildings, Mid-Rise buildings, warehouses, and other commercial spaces while under construction or remodel.
- Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network backup procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns, answering questions.
- Maintains a safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and own transportation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass an extensive criminal background check.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule.
- Must be willing to travel out of town.
How to Apply:
Apply Directly to this ad, call/text us at 281-781-7120, email your resume to email@example.com or drop by our office at 4001 Nations Dr. Pasadena, TX 77505 Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm.