A National Electrical Contractor with over 100 years providing commercial electrical services this company has multiple locations across Texas and has expanded their services over the years to include commercial low voltage offerings such as AV integration, Commercial Security Solutions, and Voice/Data Infrastructure. This is a very safety conscious contractor that has received numerous awards for their safety performance. As a member of several trade organizations this contractor provides numerous career advancement and professional enrichment opportunities via apprenticeship, continuing education, accreditation, and certifications.
- Project time period- 10-12 months long
- Location: Houston Metroplex area
- 8–10-hour shifts (Must be willing to work overtime if needed)
Network Cabling Technician Job Description:
- Perform installation of low voltage category cabling, such as CAT6, CAT6 a, CAT8, fiber optic, and distributed antenna systems.
- Will read building prints and pull cable throughout commercial building infrastructure.
- Will perform installation of wireless access points, 110/66 block patch panels, wall face plates, keystone jacks, and RJ45 connectors.
- Will be installing support structures such as J-Hooks, Cable Trey, ladder racks, and other equipment used to install communication cabling.
- Perform Installations including dressing and routing of cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets.
- Utilize various types of testing equipment from 4-Pair Tester, Toner-probe set, OTDR, and Fluke DTX for validation purposes.
- Will perform work on ladders, scissor lifts, bucket trucks, and various types of elevated platforms.
- Will be using hand tools/Power Tools to complete assigned tasks and duties on a daily basis.