Life Safety Corporation specializing in enterprise level Fire Alarm systems, Emergency Communication Systems, and life safety technology integration. The company has been operational for decades, has well-known industry technology partnerships with major manufactures. The management team is well organized to promote company growth, they value their employees and offer stability, overtime as needed and additional project perks for competitive pay.
Company has a positive working environment, with high employee retention, and offer full benefits including Health Benefits/ 401K/ Paid Holidays.
Licensed Fire Alarm Technician- Job Description:
- Perform job site walk throughs to evaluate wire paths, device locations, identifying alarm installation fire code requirements.
- Ability to work independently or lead a fast track team for upgrades, moves, add’s, changes and service installs on fast track projects.
- Initiate fire alarm system installation by running fire wire (SLC’s and NAC’s), trimming out ceiling tile/ sheet rock, mounting and wiring devices, setting candelas, and calibrating equipment, while adhering to NFPA 72 codes, company quality standards and client specifications.
- Verifies fire alarm system operations is normal and signals are being received by monitoring station.
- Maintains records by documenting installation progress reports.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices, keeping security information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Read and understand construction documents such as plans and specifications.
- Interact with upper management and clients.
- Any fire alarm control panel programming with Notifier is a bonus, but not required.