Leading Company in Life Safety and Security providing turnkey designs for securing building access and providing fire protection solutions; utilizing the latest in fire alarm, security, and surveillance technology. Our client specializes in large-scale systems installation on stadiums, high rise offices and government projects under construction. The management team and supervisors encourage and offer growth opportunities with gaining industry licenses and certifications. Full benefits including Health Benefits/ 401K/ Paid Holidays.
Licensed Fire Alarm Technician- Job Description:
- Prep job site for fire alarm installations by reviewing installation orders; gathering equipment, supplies, and tools; coordinating with GC or facility manager.
- Plans fire alarm installations by surveying and evaluating wire paths, device locations; identifying alarm installation fire code requirements.
- Initiate fire alarm system installation by running fire wire (SLC’s and NAC’s), trimming out ceiling tile/ sheet rock, mounting and wiring devices, setting candelas, and calibrating equipment, while adhering to NFPA 72 codes, company quality standards and client specifications.
- Verifies fire alarm system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals, identifying and correcting problems.
- Maintains records by documenting installation progress reports.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices, keeping security information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Read and understand construction documents such as plans and specifications.
- Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Any fire alarm control panel programming with any system is appreciated, but not required.
- We currently have two job openings for this position, we are seeking a fast track Lead Technician and an experience installer with 1-5 + years’ experience.