Founded over 30 years ago our client has since become a national leader in electrical and low-voltage installations & service. Headquartered right here in Texas and with locations across the country they provide commercial A/V, Security, Access Control, Surveillance, Voice/Data, and other smart building solutions for some of the largest structures in the country and around the world. Their Houston location has an award-winning safety record and has been voted the Best Place to Work as well as being named a Master Systems Integrator of the Year.
Lead Structured Cabling Technician Job Description:
- Must be capable of leading up to a 3-man installation crew.
- Willing to train at any time.
- Must have good communication skills when interacting with customers and other contractors.
- Must be capable of driving to the Office/Warehouse and acquiring all materials needed.
- Willing to give reports, keep track of hours, and fill out JSA forms.
- Accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains a safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Perform installation of low voltage category cabling, such as CAT6, CAT6 a, CAT8, fiber optic, and distributed antenna systems.
- Will read building prints and pull cable throughout commercial building infrastructure.
- Will perform installation of wireless access points, 110/66 block patch panels, wall face plates, keystone jacks, and RJ45 connectors.
- Will be installing support structures such as J-Hooks, Cable Trey, ladder racks, and other equipment used to install communication cabling.
- Perform Installations including dressing and routing of cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets.
- Utilize various types of testing equipment from 4-Pair Tester, Toner-probe set, OTDR, and Fluke DTX for validation purposes.
- Will perform work on ladders, scissor lifts, bucket trucks, and various types of elevated platforms.