Unlock Lucrative Opportunities as a Licensed Fire Alarm Technician!
Company Overview: In today's thriving job market, Fire Alarm Technicians are in high demand, and we have the perfect opportunity for you. Join our client, a leading name in the life safety industry with over three decades of success! Renowned for their stellar reputation and valued industry partnerships, they boast an impressive project backlog, serving numerous commercial clients across Central and South Texas. They provide turn-key solutions across various sectors, including commercial, K-12, Hospitality, and Medical.
What Awaits You:
- 401K plan with matching
- Comprehensive medical insurance options
- Paid holidays
- Access to top-tier contractors
- Competitive compensation
- Lucrative career advancement prospects
- Leadership opportunities
- Access to complimentary industry certifications
- Advanced guidance on industry certifications and state licensing
- Bonus program
Your Role with the Company: As a Licensed Fire Alarm Technician, you will play a pivotal role in our success. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with a team of installers to efficiently pull cable in J hooks, bridle rings, conduit, and other support structures.
- Expertly performing device terminations on a variety of equipment, such as duct detectors, strobes, pull stations, smoke detectors, and more. You will also have the ability to select outlet/junction boxes, cable, and conduit.
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of Ohm Meter operation and conducting high-level troubleshooting, testing, and system certification.
- Proficiently reading blueprints and schematics, establishing cable paths, leading small teams of installers, calculating proper wire sizes, troubleshooting ground faults, and providing daily progress reports with updates, materials lists, and test results.
- Holding a state of Texas Fire Alarm License and actively participating in panel terminations.
- Possessing a working knowledge of manual fire alarm boxes, automatic fire detectors, audible and visible signaling appliances, annunciators, and other fundamental components of a fire alarm system.
- Conducting circuit testing procedures, adhering to fire alarm codes and standards, and ensuring the system's proper operation, all while upholding the basic principles of NFPA 72.
Background Profile: To excel in this role, you should ideally have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in installing fire alarm cabling, support structures, and equipment in a commercial environment.
- Prior experience overseeing up to five installers and/or technicians during commercial fire alarm installations.
- Strong knowledge of NFPA 72.
- Exposure to panel terminations.
- Possession of a state of Texas Fire Alarm License (FAL) or active pursuit of the license with the intent to acquire it soon.
- Proficiency in reading prints and schematics.
Join Our Dynamic Team and Ignite Your Career! Don't miss this opportunity to leverage your skills and experience as a Licensed Fire Alarm Technician with us. Explore your potential and unlock a world of rewarding possibilities. Apply now and be a part of our dedicated team!
For immediate consideration, send your resume / call or text us at 210-930-7827
Take the next step in your career journey today!